At Nuspire our mission is simple – keep our customers safe from cyber-attacks with best-in-class managed security, so they can focus on managing their business. We’ve been protecting organizations from cyber-attacks for 20 years and pioneered distributed, managed security within the enterprise and franchise market.
At Nuspire we’re driven to continually deliver industry-leading innovation and security services. We operate in an unpredictable, exciting world that’s always changing. That means career opportunities within the business are always changing, too. We believe in rewarding excellence while providing a unique and exciting business environment that helps you achieve your career aspirations. Our culture focuses on building team cohesion, collaboration and growth through the perfect mix of traditional programs, learning opportunities and unique out-of-the-box experiences.
To find out more, please visit www.nuspire.com.
Security & Network Operations Analyst
Security & Network Analysts are responsible for the identification, and remediation of security related events. While utilizing the Nuspire proprietary SIEM solution a Security Analyst will review all logs associated with a potential threat to determine the rating of the threat and the possible impact the event can have on the clients network.
- Research IPS/ IDS security events
- Perform firewall configuration changes
- Ability to analyze traffic patterns using raw log or PCAP files
- Support with escalated connectivity events
- Root cause analysis of high availability events
- Research and correlate events to determine threat scope
- Advanced support for firewall triage and debugging
- Create best path security design for SMB clients
- 2-5 years of working in a production environment
- Meet all required experience items from the Agent group
- Understanding of UTM functions such as IPS, App control, DLP, etc.
- Knowledge of VPN configurations and ability to troubleshoot failed VPN connections. Both SSL and IPSEC
- Ability to identify the severity of a security threat while utilizing syslog reports.
- Ability to review packets with tools such as Wireshark.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues related to static routing
- Diagnose and triage issues with High availability clusters
- Full understanding of routing tables, and static routes
- Basic understanding of dynamic routing protocols, and ability to implement on a small scale network
- CompTIA Security+
- Cisco CCNA
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology (or equivalent degree)
- Great experience and growth with a global leader in network security
- Locations in: Commerce Twp., MI – Walled Lake, MI – Cincinnati, OH–Denver, CO
- Nuspire provides a top work environment, as recognized by Crain’s Detroit, Golden Bridge "Best and Brightest," and the Detroit News
- Full benefits including but limited to: six different Blue Cross Medical HMO and PPO Options, MetLife Dental, Vision, Short-term and Long-term disability, Life Insurance, 401k and Monthly PTO accrual from your first day of employment along with many opportunities to earn additional PTO through monthly awards and participation in ‘Nuspire Good Time’ Events
- Nuspire is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- ‘Nuspire Good Time’ events 2x per month to build team cohesion